Sunday, August 14, 2011

First time for EVERYTHING!!!

Feeling the need to pour my heart out! We have had a busy summer here in the Metz house! Vacation,trip to Georgia, Bible school,pool, beach, playdates, and visits from family!
Ice-cream, watermelon, mato pie, and cookies! It has been a great summer, but we are ready to slow down a bit.
Tomorrow, my babies begin Kindergarten. Did I blink? How did they get SO BIG, SO FAST! It is all happening so quickly, my head is really spinning. There is no telling how many times I have teared up just this weekend. Let me give you the list of things that have happened since Friday (it is Sunday night). My son has two loose teeth on the bottom. He also decided to only check out one dinosaur book vs. all dinosaur books at the library. The end of an era, we are now onto nature and weather. Well, I guess it is time....three years is long enough to check out ONLY dino books. "Mommy, I just can't think of anything else." ( Big Sigh) My little man is growing and changing in so many ways. Lilly Grace asked for her own hairbrush so that she can do her own hair.
She picked out a purple brush with a matching comb. Guess what, she can brush her hair and the other two girls! Bonus for mommy, but still sad. Both Lilly and Caroline begin ballet at the Hilton Head Dance Academy on Wednesday. We went Saturday afternoon to sign up and purchase their shoes, tights, and leotards. LG is dark blue and Caroline is light blue. Ah, such a sweet afternoon. When we got in the car Caroline was smiling ear to ear. " Thank you mommy". Lilly is so excited and is counting down the days. Click, added to the memory forever. Caroline also decided to swim tonight. She has been getting really brave in the pool lately. Just out of the blue she said she would swim to me and dog gone it, she did!

Doodle, Say, Say-Say, Saylor Anne.....where to begin.....
Well, she is the only one of the kiddos to LOVE Elmo. She has no fear of the water and jumps right to ya! She has started putting two and three words together. Tonight she got her diaper, brought it to me and said... I GOT IT! What????? Please slow down Saylor, mommy is not ready for you to grow up so fast. Love my baby girl and she loves me right back! Frogs are not her favorite thing right now. If you say the word, she freaks. Funny story actually, but I will save that one for later.

Praying for a great first day of Kindergarten/Preschool/Toddler time!

0 comments: